Clickability’s Website Marketing Acceleration solution makes it faster and easier for marketers to target the right content to the right person at the right time.
AUSTIN, TEXAS, July 8, 2014 – Upland Software, a leading family of cloud-based Enterprise Work Management software applications, today announced that Clickability, its Web Content Management (WCM) platform was issued a patent by the US Patent Office. Patent 8,626,913 is for a feature set within Clickability’s website personalization and targeting solution, Website Marketing Acceleration (WMA), that allows marketers to configure and test web visitor segmentation and profiling rules, and then apply these rules in a test setting using pre-built target personas. Marketers can see details on each visitor such as which content they have been served, how they progress through profile levels, and how their lead score is changing as they engage with content. This extends Clickability’s leadership as the only pure SaaS WCM application in the marketplace that natively offers dynamic publishing, personalization and targeting.
Typically, one of the biggest challenges for marketers when implementing targeting and personalization tools is testing content effectiveness against visitors without polluting their analytics data. Not so with WMA. When the marketer has completed testing, they can simply mark these visitors as “test” so that they are excluded from analytics, search, and other metrics. By performing tests, marketers can validate that they are getting the right messages to the right website visitors and that content is optimized for where they are in the buying process.
Clickability’s WMA solution provides data on who website visitors are, where they came from, what they do once on the website, and what they are seeking, allowing marketers to target each visitor with content dynamically tailored to their needs and interests. As a result, marketers can better engage audiences and convert anonymous visitors into qualified sales leads. WMA capabilities include:
- Audience Segmentation: Marketers can define any number of audience segments however they wish, including by geography, industry, job function, company size, etc. Users create segment rules so that only the correct, targeted questions are asked of a visitor in a specific segment.
- Lead scoring: Marketers score leads based on visitor data and activity on the website.
- Profile Level: Marketers establish profile levels defined by aspects such as a visitor’s lead score and how much information is known about a visitor. Visitor information can be gathered explicitly (gather data by requesting information as visitors download content) or implicitly.
- Progressive Profiling: Marketers establish gates (questions via forms that visitors must complete) for accessing content based on profile level. For example, visitors in profile level one with a lead score of 10 will receive different gates, or questions, than visitors with a lead score of 30 in profile level two.
- Marketers can create a Resource Portfolio where visitors can save content and where marketers can add additional content.
- Marketers can import data into WMA from any source, and aggregate visitor information from WMA into marketing automation and CRM platforms.
“Seventy percent of the B2B buyer’s journey is complete before even engaging with a vendor, and 87% of B2B buyers say that content has an impact on vendor selection,” said Noah Logan, General Manager, Clickability. “There’s no doubt that for B2B marketers, the most critical investment they’ll make is in providing an engaging, effective digital content experience. Leveraging Clickability’s powerful, flexible content management platform, our WMA solution provides marketers with the easiest, most effective way to target their website content and provide truly personalized experiences. As a result, they can accelerate the process of moving anonymous website visitors through the marketing funnel to become qualified sales leads.”
WMA previously received three additional patents. Patents 8,478,868 and 8,307,081 cover analytics within WMA that provide data on forwards and backwards movement of visitors through profile levels, as well as insights on how many new visitors have joined a profile level and how many visitors are stuck at the same profile level – each within a timeframe determined by the marketer. This allows the marketers to optimally target content at key tipping points. Patent 8,326,964 covers the ability for marketers to create profile levels and allow content to be gated against these levels so they engage with visitors appropriately throughout the buyer’s journey.