Run IT as a business with transparency, visibility and control
Upland’s cloud-based IT Financial Management (ITFM) application, ComSci, helps organizations manage and communicate the cost, quality and value of the services they deliver to the enterprise. By bringing performance and financial management practices to shared services organizations like IT, ComSci drives business alignment and IT transparency. Business and IT are brought into a fully collaborative planning and budgeting process that drives efficiency and promotes innovation.
IT Executive View
Role-based (CMO, CIO, IT Executive) IT management dashboards provide detailed cost, performance and benchmark analytics – allowing your executives to see only what matters for their specific strategic needs.
Holistic Application Management
Personalized holistic application portfolio management dashboards enable repeatable, sustainable analysis for application rationalization based on age, criticality, performance and cost components – enabling you to understand the true cost of your applications, maximizing value and ultimately reducing costs.
Consumer Demand Planning
Consumer demand planner personalizes an organization’s ability to budget and forecast future IT needs – making your investment planning practice more foreseeable, collaborative and proactive.
Bill of IT
Comprehensive Bill of IT services align to each organization’s consumers – giving you more actionable data and ensuring your costs are aligned with your organization’s profitability objectives.
Flexible, easy-to-use and configurable modeling capabilities provide insights into all IT costs – ensuring unit cost is now a metric driving critical business decisions and providing IT consumers with a transactional measure of value.
Benchmark and track unit cost trends with detailed insight into the cost competent of each IT service – optimizing your IT costs and reducing spend, if needed, with traceable, pinpoint accuracy.
ComSci is a fully integrated cloud-based enterprise application consisting of three core modules – Data Management, Service Costing and Bill of IT with Line Item Details – that consume and process source data details to meet the cost visibility and demand management objectives of clients. ComSci is built on a flexible, robust and scalable SaaS-based architecture. Each of ComSci’s core capabilities can be delivered independently or as a total ITFM offering.
- Unit costing metrics for benchmarking and/or chargeback
- Actionable metrics and analytics for cost reduction opportunities
- Utilization and capacity metrics for “What If” analysis and modeling
- Quantify and understand the TCO for all IT applications/solutions
- Fixed vs. variable metrics to understand opportunities for savings
- Configurable dashboards so each user gains at-a-glance visibility into the information most important to them
- Delivers cost and consumption information around the solutions IT delivers to the Business
- Typical cost savings of 5-10% through reduced demand (Leading Research Firm)
- Strengthens partnership between Business and IT Executives
- Moves relationship between IT and Business from “How much are we spending on IT?” to “How can IT help grow the business?”