http://uplandsoftware.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/upland-logo.jpg 0 0 clcintx http://uplandsoftware.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/upland-logo.jpg clcintx2014-08-14 16:34:012014-08-14 16:34:01East Texas Medical Center Significantly Reduces Billing Cycle with FileBound
- East Texas Medical Center is a general medical and surgical hospital located in Tyler, TX.
- Although highly efficient in all its medical services provided to patients, this organization was being held back by a manual system of handling trip tickets, Explanation of Benefits (EOB) processing, accounts receivables and membership drive management.
- As a result, trip tickets, which show details of each trip and service provided, were slow to reach billing. Printed trip tickets were regularly misplaced, delaying billing even more.
- In addition, the time-consuming manual tracking of EOBs impacted the organization’s ability to provide timely information to patients and insurers.
- The manual billing process that depended on data gathered from the manually processed trip tickets resulted in a 60-day accounts receivable cycle. On top of everything else, all of these manually performed operations required the organization to regularly hire a large number of temporary employees. The end result was a slow, expensive operation that was holding back the organization.
- The company adopted a FileBound platform to manage all its documents.
- Trip tickets, EOBs and membership forms are now scanned into the FileBound system and all workflow processes are managed by the system which provides tremendous savings of time and labor.
- The FileBound system was also configured so the company could OCR their EOBs. This resulted in information being immediately accessible, further streamlining the process.
- The organization now also uses FileBound to manage its annual membership drive to speed up information availability and follow-up.
- FileBound provided a complete solution that contains all the features and functions the client needed.
- The introduction of FileBound technology has cut their billing cycle from 60 days to one week. Trip tickets are now captured the day after creation and entered into the billing system within 48 hours.
- The three full-time employees who previously were manually managing each day’s batch of EOBs are no longer needed and have been deployed elsewhere in the company.
- The client felt that the FileBound solution was user-friendly and intuitive to all levels of users.
- The customer achieved a return-on-investment within just nine months due to the new, highly efficient EOB strategy and a reduced need for contract/temporary labor.