7 Reasons to Consider Telecom Expense Management
Consider TEM as part of your Change Management Initiative
TEM stands for telecom and technology expense management
What is TEM? Essentially, it means managing your wireless, voice and data environments with goals of reducing risk and costs. Have you ever endured the hard task of tracking assets, validate your inventory and keep your budgeting balanced? Well you’re not the only one …
You might already have a TEM in place. Did you ask yourself the following questions? Can you track the ROI it has given you? Can you configure reports or do you need to pay for the reports to be created? Can you track multiple services types, such as fixed and mobile telecom in ONE CENTRALIZED PLATFORM? If not, you should take a few minutes to take a look at what it can do for you and your company.
To support your change management initiative; you need, first of all, to determine which groups currently are involved in managing your telecom and network and which users are impacted by some of the changes. Everyone in the company needs to be part of the change, they can participate by using the self-service portal, validating the inventory that is assigned to them, ordering their services through the centralized service catalog and request changes on their services. Secondly, you need to consider the process. Are employees adapting correctly to the new changes? Are they getting the visibility needed to alter their behaviors? When you roll it out to all your users to manage multiple services from multiple vendors, you’ll save money, save time and your inventory will be accurate.
You can use a telecom expense management solution for many reasons. Here are a few things you should require from your TEM vendor to support your change management initiatives.
- Automate workflows, work orders and approval processes. Remove the human API from the equation. Automation eliminates the potential for errors and having to redo the work. You’ll save time and your inventory will be updated regularly.
- Accelerate Invoice Processing. No more manual entries needed. Through the load of electronic invoices, discrepancies, errors and overcharges are quickly identified. You no longer have to wait 6 months for flags to be raised.
- Maintain an Accurate Inventory. Manage more asset and services with less people hours. The automated workflows and work orders take care of it for you.
- Keep track of the money and time you’ve saved. The ROI is displayed right in the tool, for all sources and vendors.
- Alter Consumption Behaviors. See what your employees are using and how much it costs. Visibility of assigned assets, services and costs to users. Users can also track their own usage and save money for the company by making changes to their plans or options.
- Track disputes to resolutions. This helps uncover billing errors, eliminates late payment fees, and collect credits faster.
- Streamline Procurement with your providers. Accelerate your provider’s response time and sourcing with a single provider portal. Also, by granting your vendor’s access to the Portal, you eliminate the need to communicate orders via email.
How do I get started?
You might be looking for a very simple way to start managing your telecom expenses, well you can stop searching now. Cimpl has, over the years, developed a way to help our customers save money, time and manage an accurate inventory. You can now rely on experts to manage your telecommunications costs. Would this solution be the answer to all your inherent telecom problems? Yes it is. We’ve created a checklist to help you dive into a quick analysis on whether you should or should not consider managed services >> Access it Now.
The questions will address specific topics such as:
- Inventory Control – How much? Where and with who?
- Optimizing Services – Can your employees use the devices better?
- Contracts and Rates – Are your employees using the wireless for the right purpose?
- Security and Confidentiality – Is corporate information handled in a confidential manner?
- Managed Services – Do you have the internal expertise to manage your Telecom?
It will only take you a few minutes to answer this one-page questionnaire. I am sure it will provide you with more details on what to expect if you decide to outsource the management of your telecom costs to a TEM Provider.
Download the Checklist today and get started!