Eclipse PPM Customer Update – March 2019
Eclipse PPM Silverlight and Go Application Retirement
Beginning in 2018, the Eclipse PPM development team has been proactively working to upgrade Eclipse to the newest web technologies, and to to transition the feature set to the new platform. Effective July 8, 2019, we will retire the Silverlight and GO applications. Customers using previous versions of Eclipse PPM will need to transition their existing implementation to the new version in order to continue using Eclipse PPM.
Why are we doing this?
Our Spring 2019 R2 release will deliver feature parity with the legacy application, so the Silverlight and GO functionality will no longer be needed. The new platform is built on updated web technologies, offering functionality enhancements. This change is an important marker in the evolution of Eclipse PPM, as we are now poised to accelerate our investment in developing new features and functionality, driven by customer requests and market trends.
What is the impact?
Effective July 8, 2019 the Silverlight version of Eclipse PPM will no longer be accessible to your users. Also, on this date, for those who have it enabled, the GO application will no longer be available. At login, all users will be immediately redirected to the new version, featuring the latest user interface and experience. All existing administrative configuration, SSO login, data, and report configurations, will be maintained and available.
How do I transition?
As soon as possible, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager. He or she will work with you to develop a transition roadmap that covers training and internal adoption strategies, to help your internal team adjust to the new experience.
What is the transition timeline?
- December 4, 2018 | Eclipse PPM 2019R1 provided parity for all key features in V5
- December 5, 2018 | the retirement of the Silverlight version was announced in the Q4 the Virtual User Conference
- Mid-April 2019 | Eclipse PPM 2019 R2 will be released, which ensures the new version handles all the same business scenarios as the legacy version.
- June 2019 | The new version will be enabled for all users; a prompt button will be added to the login page enabling all users to select the new version.
- July 8, 2019 | All users will be automatically redirected to the new version at login. The previous Silverlight version, and GO application will no longer be available.
Upland is committed to 100% success for our customers. As a valued customer and Eclipse PPM user, we want to facilitate a smooth transition for you and your users. If you haven’t transitioned to the new version already, you should begin planning your transition with your Customer Success Manager. They can help arrange product demonstrations and training to get you on the path to a smooth and successful transition.
If you have any questions about the retirement process or would like assistance on helping your team transition to our latest version, please contact your Customer Success Manager.