City of London
Better See, Manage and Communicate with Project Portfolio Management
The City of London is the largest community in southwestern Ontario, with a population of 350,000. It is a vibrant and growing city with much to offer.
The City of London Technology Services Division provides IT leadership and coordination to the many diverse business areas at the City of London. The division is staffed with 77 employees that provide a wide range of services for their clients ,including hardware, systems development, forms management and telecommunications.
The City of London wanted complete visibility into IT project portfolios to make more informed decisions at an executive level.
Like many organizations, the City of London’s technology services division is aiming to improve service and project delivery. At the same time, budget constraints continually generate pressure to execute the most beneficial projects first.
- Without a central location to store all project information, decisions were being based on incomplete information
- Portions of project time was spent reporting to and coordinating teams
- Some basic project reporting requirements could not be met
- Time tracking was a significant challenge and took up valuable time
Eclipse was implemented in the Technology Services division starting with the most visible projects. Eclipse now houses all projects.
“Senior IT management now has the ability to make better project decisions within the IT portfolio”
Lisa Parent, Manager, Business & IT Planning, The City of London
- Senior IT management can view all of the current and pending projects in one place
- Standardized reports are available at the divisional level merely clicks away
- Specialized reports are easy to generate to address ad hoc inquiries
- Team members can easily track time, enabling a more effective management of resources