Sense and Respond Supply Chain Management
For the past decade Ultriva has been helping customers establish E2E (End to End) Pull processes. The underlying methodology used to set up the pull process is collaborative Kanban. By engaging with customers such as OEMs, distribution centers, retail channels, and end-user customers, manufacturers are gaining better control over downstream demand. Ultriva allows clients to quickly sense the changes in demand and adjust production schedules to minimize redundant finished goods inventory.
Ultriva E2E Pull Benefits:
- Manages each production loop for lot size, lead times, safety stock and usage, dramatically reducing the production disruptions that lead to stock-outs.
- Provides a customer’s consumption patterns and the trend analysis to determine a customer’s future requirements. E2E Pull allows companies to design a supply chain and feed forecasting inputs with granular data at the execution level.
- Delivers visibility into material flows across multiple departments, including planning, purchasing, supply chain, sales, manufacturing, logistics, and executives.
- Enables manufacturers to balance supply with customer demand through procurement strategies, materials, and inventory policies tied to actual demand signals.
- Brings numerous positive effects including optimized finished goods, WIP, and raw materials inventories. There are also significant reductions in production disruptions, which lead to improved customer service satisfaction levels.
Benefits of E2E Pull
E2E Pull-based supply chain management allows manufacturers to engage more fully with customers, distribution centers, retail channels and end user customers. Manufacturers gain visibility into and control over downstream demand. Manufacturers quickly sense the changes in demand and adjust production schedules to minimize redundant finished goods inventory. Basing production on real demand and moving suppliers from forecast to consumption-driven replenishment delivers multiple benefits.