Nowadays, almost everything is automated; most IT organizations use multiple automation technologies. Gartner expects, in 2017, that 75% of businesses will use more than four technologies for automation, compared to 20% in 2014.
Why? An automated system is composed of elements designed to perform a set of tasks that have been programmed. Operational and repetitive tasks become less of a burden and makes your life simpler and easier.
Are you ready to handover your tasks to an automated platform?
When talking about efficiency in the workplace, it is useful to start looking at which tasks could be better managed using an automated system in a cloud-based software. Organizations using automated IT processes are 1.5 times more likely to reduce management complexity and 1.5 times more likely to free up resources for strategic projects.
Is it for you?
Many entrepreneurs, mostly owners of small businesses, find it hard to delegate tasks to their employees, and even more to automated systems. It’s time to let go.
Reality is, the business world runs faster with technology, and refusing to use new systems means your competitors are a step ahead of you. In 2015, more than $186 billion have been spent in managing business processes. According to Ontraport, business owners that choose to use a cloud service have seen growth in 96% of their projects. Automating tasks relieves time so team members can concentrate on other tasks that the software is not capable of managing. You could save hours by delegating manual tasks to the software, like invoice and contract management or inventory management.
Some tasks necessitate human touch, of course, but automated tools makes you more efficient and gives you more time to concentrate on more important tasks and strategic direction.
8 benefits of automation
- Eliminate the manipulation of paper documents.
- Go digital. You can store information on your system and at the same time save money. No more printing and storing paper documents.
- Optimize time spent looking for information.
- Utilize employee time better.
- One of automation’s best feature is that it gives you the opportunity to use talent and do what humans do best: create ingenious business plans to eliminate costs, make important decisions, etc. Creative and innovative methods that an automated system can’t do.
- Concentrate on the most important tasks.
- Define business processes.
- You need to identify what is implicated in your business process before you can configure the automation. This identifying process makes everything visible and gives you a clear idea of what is happening or should be happening in your business!
- Make better projections
- A Business Process Automation (BPA) gives you all the tools needed to monitor data, at all times. It gives you much more precise data and projections about your business’ future needs and income.
- Identify unused resources.
- More than estimating your future sales or needs, a good BPA will help you detect resources that are no longer used or are underused (for example, an unused mobile phone left by a departing employee). Automation of processes gives you the opportunity to identify and re-affect unused resources.
- Allow new business opportunities.
- Automation allows the ability to configure and support assets in fields you couldn’t even have thought about while using only human resources.
- Save money, even while sleeping.
- As a human, sleeping is a basic need; you will not be able to function if you don’t get enough sleep. At a certain point, you’ll need to take a break from physically managing your operations and give yourself a well needed rest. Thankfully, your automated systems don’t need to rest. You can configure them to work all day and all night, over and over.
- Easily manage decentralized teams in different time zones.
- Sadly, you can only be in one place at a time. You don’t have access to places on the other side of the world. Thanks to automated systems, it’s not always like that. You can manage the tasks of your decentralized teams across multiple time zones.
4 challenges of automation
Now, it wouldn’t be trustworthy if we didn’t mention the downsides to automation. Fortunately, there’s not many of them:
- Integration compatibility of the system
- You have to make sure that the platform you choose is compatible with your existing systems. Is there an API source to assure compatibility? Or you’ll need to add programming resources to make sure they are integrated.
- Some automated services come with important costs. Make sure you identify the return on investment you’ll get before choosing your software.
- Sometimes, the tasks you have to complete on a daily basis may be complex. The software can do it for you. Many providers offer related services to establish the workflow in the interface or make sure you can easily configure the system according to your business processes.
- We often hear about problems related to computer security. Indeed, everyday there’s countless hacking attempts. Of course, digitalization opens the door to this vulnerability, but the best solutions always improve their security measures.
Start using automated systems today
Automation is not a trend, it’s a tactic that gained popularity and its potential is infinite. IDC, a market research firm, affirmed that automation and orchestration technologies of data centers are no longer an option.
Evaluate which ones of your tasks could be automated
Our own platform is a good example of automated system. Learn more about Cimpl and how to manage expenses in IT, telecom, mobile and UCC. We’ll help you automate your business processes and keep an accurate inventory of your technology assets to save both time and money.
Hope this article was helpful! Feel free to contact us if you’d like more information about BPA. We’re Cimpl, experts in technology asset management. Our signature SaaS product lets you comprehensively and simply manage all of your technology assets.