Top 10 Takeaways from the B2B Customer Experience Report [Original Research]
Today, everything is connected.
From the screen of your iPhone you can: control the heat of your home, monitor your bank account, play music, sync photos, send an email, etc. The advancements in technology over the past ten years have been pretty great—err, unless you’re a B2B marketer.
Technology has completely changed the way we market. Adapting to this shift has proven difficult for many B2B companies. The four Ps of marketing (price, product, promotion, and place), long considered the spine of great marketing, have become completely obliterated by right³: right content, right person, right time. If a buyer’s experience with your brand isn’t highly-targeted and consistent across channels and devices, they’re unlikely to continue engaging with you.
Customer experience isn’t just another tactical fad.
Customer experience isn’t just another tactical fad—it’s every interaction a buyer has with your brand, and each touch point matters.
That’s why we surveyed hundreds of B2B marketers from a variety of industries to find out: How successful are B2B marketers at delivering customer experiences, what are the greatest barriers, and what tactics are most effective?
Here’s what we found (or download the complete report here):
1. Only 12% of B2B marketers rate themselves as “very effective” at delivering a consistent customer experience. (Tweet this!)
2. 83% of top performers have a documented CX strategy in place. (Tweet this!)
3. 85% of B2B marketers agree that consistency across content, teams, and channels is the backbone of an effective customer experience. (Tweet this!)
4. Inefficient internal processes, tracking and reporting the right metrics, and lack of alignment across internal teams are the top three barriers to success. (Tweet this!)
5. Lead generation and revenue/ROI are the top marketing priorities of 2016. (Tweet this!)
6. Only 41% of B2B marketers consider their organization to be truly data-driven. (Tweet this!)
7. 56% of B2B marketers are directly responsible for revenue at their organization. (Tweet this!)
8. 92% of top performers have a shared editorial calendar for planning marketing initiatives, compared to 11% of respondent who are “not at all effective.” (Tweet this!)
9. 75% of B2B marketers take a buyer-centric approach to content creation. (Tweet this!)
10. Content conversions (ex: conversions between sales stages, content scoring) is the most important metric when measuring customer experience. (Tweet this!)
Dispelling Email Deliverability Myths
We want to dispel some email deliverability myths, so you can start saying goodbye junk folder, and hello inbox!
How to build a smart IT financial plan that aligns with strategic growth.
Learn the seven components of a smart IT financial plan needed for growth.