11 Video Stats That Will Blow Your Content Marketing Mind
There’s no denying that video has exploded into the digital marketing landscape. From social tools like Vine and Instagram making creation and distribution fast and simple, to established news organizations like The Atlantic and The New York Times creating their own series, video is definitely the darling of the marketing world.
At the same time, it’s sometimes hard to know if the next big thing is just a fad, or if it’s truly worth investing in. Here are 9 stats to help you make the decision for yourself.
- Videos increase people’s understanding of your product or service by 74% (source)
- 75% of executives watch work-related videos on business websites at least once a week (source)
- Online video users are expected to double to 1.5 billion in 2016 (source)
- 92% of mobile viewers share their videos (source)
- Combined with proper SEO techniques, video increases the chance of first page Google results up to 53% (source)
- The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video (source)
- Video increases conversion by 86% (source)
- Blog posts incorporating video attract 3 times as many inbound links as blog posts without video (source)
- 100 million Internet users watch online video each day (source)
- 59% of senior executives would rather watch a video than read text (source)
- 45.4% of Internet users view at least one video online over the course of a month (source)
Video is a key aspect of any content marketing strategy—and fueling your video channels with fresh, targeted content takes a content operation. Ready to take advantage of your video content?