Qvidian Survey Finds Proposal Automation Delivers Business Value
Today, many organizations recognize the benefits of proposal automation software as an alternative to the time-intensive manual processes traditionally used to develop proposals and RFP responses. Despite embracing technology, many companies still face challenges around collaboration and efficiency. To understand this landscape, Qvidian recently commissioned an industry-wide survey of proposal and RFP writers; sales operations and enablement professionals; and directors and vice presidents of sales from large U.S. and U.K. companies.
We released those findings this morning in our report, “2017 Proposal Automation Market Pulse,” which revealed a strong correlation between proposal automation and business value. Some of the key findings from respondents in each country:
- Teams are leaning on proposal automation software for data insights. Eighty-eight percent of respondents use data insights from their proposal automation software to inform their internal processes and strategies.
- Sales professionals and RFP writers have different challenges. RFP and proposal team members cited receiving up-to-date content as their top pain point, while sales respondents ranked getting approval on RFPs and proposals as the greatest struggle; followed by receiving content on time.
- Proposal and RFP writing is a rewarding career for many. Forty-nine percent of proposal and RFP team member respondents have worked in the proposal and RFP writing field for six to 10 years, and 22 percent have worked in the field for more than 10 years.
- Proposal automation helps win more deals. Eighty-seven percent of respondents said their win rate has improved since automating their RFP process.
- Sales departments and RFP writers have similar pain points. Both sales respondents and RFP and proposal team members reported receiving content on time as their top pain point, followed by getting approval.
- Collaboration is a vital component in the RFP development process. However, 69 percent of respondents said it can be challenging or very challenging to meet compliance requirements with cross-office collaboration.
To learn more about the survey’s findings, download the report.
Dispelling Email Deliverability Myths
We want to dispel some email deliverability myths, so you can start saying goodbye junk folder, and hello inbox!
How to build a smart IT financial plan that aligns with strategic growth.
Learn the seven components of a smart IT financial plan needed for growth.