How to effectively pitch and overcome objections to the Winners’ Phase of your Best Of ballot from your team or local advertisers
Your Best Of program is, at its core, designed to help businesses thrive. It’s a year-round celebration that reminds local consumers who the best businesses are in your market.
Each phase of your ballot offers a unique value for your advertiser and it’s critical they fully understand that value. So we created this easy guide to pitching the Voting Phase and overcoming objections from your team or advertisers.
- Winners are featured in our digital Best-of directory, which we drive traffic to all year round
- This is a great opportunity to thank your supporters and find new clients and customers
- Our company celebrates the winner and finalists (top three) year-round with articles, quizzes, polls, etc
- This allows you to establish your business as a leader in your field
- This can be a great employee recruiting opportunity for your business
- You will receive you special recognition at our post-campaign event
This is an example of how to reach out to the winning businesses:
“Congratulations on being a winner in our 2020 Best-of! Now is the time to take this opportunity to thank participants for honoring your business. Its also a chance to let everyone in the area know you’re the best at what you do and use your new title to increase sales and drive new business. Let’s talk about our Thank-You/Winner packages that we will promote year-round!”
Here are a few objections to the Winners’ Phase you may encounter and how to respond:
Client: “I’ve cut non-essential spending”
Best of programs, at their core, help businesses thrive. Its a year-round celebration that reminds local consumers that you are the BEST in your market.
To learn more on how to sell your Citywide ballot, download our Maximize Your Engagement & Revenue with Ballots playbook. You can also find our guides to selling the Nomination Phase and Voting Phase here on the Lab.