How to effectively pitch and overcome objections to the Nomination Phase of your Best Of ballot from your team or local advertisers
Your Best Of program is, at its core, designed to help businesses thrive. It’s a year-round celebration that reminds local consumers who the best businesses are in your market.
Each phase of your ballot offers a unique value for your advertiser and it’s critical they fully understand that value. So we created this easy guide to pitching the Nomination Phase and overcoming objections from your team or advertisers.
- Your business gets to ‘claim your title’ if this is your first win or ‘defend your title’ if you won last year
- Our company only moves the top five nominees to the voting round, so getting the word out early and often is important to getting your business on the ballot
- Our company celebrates the winner and finalists (top three) year-round with articles, quizzes, polls, etc
- This allows you to establish your business as a leader in your field
- This can be a great employee recruiting opportunity for your business
Here’s an example of how you can start this conversation:
“Welcome to the prestigious Best of the Best Awards! Getting your business nominated will help bring you important new customers, make employee recruiting easier, and recognize you as a leader in your field. Be sure to get nominated so you make it to the final Voting Phase where you’ll have the opportunity to win the Best of the Best Title!”
Here are a few objections to the Nomination Phase you may encounter and how to respond:
Sales reps: “I don’t know what to say.”
Give your reps a script for explaining the value proposition for each phase.
Client: “What if I buy a package and don’t make it to the Voting Round?”
That could happen. But as a sales rep you can help them spread the word with not only the presence on the ballot (as part of their package) but with how they can solicit votes from their current customers. Create a downloadable tool kit for your advertisers with digital assets such as ‘Nominate Us’ graphics.
To learn more on how to sell your Citywide ballot, download our Maximize Your Engagement & Revenue with Ballots playbook. You can also find our guides to selling the Voting Phase and Winner’s Phase here on the Lab.