Testing Tip of the Week: Should you use a Teaser Email?
As a follow-up from last week’s testing tip, we wanted to delve a little deeper into the idea of using a teaser email to generate interest.
Before you start generating ideas, have a think through the situations where this would be appropriate – a new product launch, perhaps, or a new feature or upcoming event. Think of it as an extension to your regular campaign or newsletter content.
What makes a teaser email different from a regular announcement?
- Length: your email should be short and to the point, fitting on any screen without the need to scroll down.
- Intrigue: give enough detail for subscribers to make the connection later, but give away too much and you risk exhausting their curiosity.
- Design: express excitement with a different look from your regular layout, perhaps including animations or video.
- Timing: don’t leave it too long to post the follow-up, or your customers will lose interest. We advise waiting no longer than a week before a product launch or event invitation
- Audience: if you know a lot of people are interested in what you have to say, you might want to consider sending the teaser email only to your VIPs (who can also help with word-of-mouth). If not, don’t restrict numbers.
Ready to try it? Let us know how your test goes in the comments below and check out our other suggestions too.