Charting the Course for Website Globalization and Localization!
5 Tips for Globalization
Last week we had the great pleasure of hosting a webinar with the American Marketing Association and Nataly Kelly, VP Marketing at Smartling, a leading SaaS translation technology company.
In a survey of CMOs, 92% currently manage regionally-focused sites in addition to their main corporate site. The survey also found:
Managing Multiple Regional Websites
- About 25% manage 3-5 regional websites
- Almost 50% manage 6-20
- And 15% manage 21 or more
More than half of surveyed marketers said that between 20-60% of the content on their regional websites is out-of-date or behind at any one time. Many cite they lack the technical resources to build, maintain, and enhance regional sites. (Source: Limelight)
The average volume of content translated grew by 88 percent in the past 12 months
- 50 percent of companies are translating into at least six languages, which is double the number of languages they were translating into one year earlier
- A full quarter of companies translate into 15 or more languages (Source: Smartling)
With the right technology, marketers can successfully globalize their websites and ensure that each regional online and mobile website is delivering a digital experience that reflects their brand and that will ultimately help convert prospects into buyers.
- Design for Internationalization
- Tone Matters
- Localize Content
- Leverage Multimedia
- Choose a WCM Platform
For more information on how to create a globalization strategy and to select the technology, you need to execute your strategy, watch the on-demand webinar, Charting the Course for Website Globalization.