All Hands on Deck: Including Your Websites’
5 Ways to Put Your Website to Work
The results of the 2014 CMO Compensation Report suggest that increases in CMO compensation are linked to improvements in a company’s digital marketing performance. The Chief Marketing Officer Council’s report found that the highest paid CMOs help their companies build digital capabilities and improve the yield of their marketing strategy and 56% of CMO’s listing “digital marketing makeover” as the number one transformational project for 2014.
A company’s website is the single largest component of a company’s digital marketing presence. The same CMO Council survey found that website design, development and performance is one of the top areas of digital marketing investment. The website’s purposes are multiple – it generates demand and revenue, drives content consumption, creates satisfaction & brand affinity and develops lasting relationships.
With a large mission and your compensation tied to improving your digital marketing performance, what can you do to make your website work for you and improve your digital marketing performance? There are five steps that are easily implemented with sophisticated SaaS Web Content Management solutions like Clickability’s.
- Engage Audiences with Rich Media Storytelling: When digital visitors find your website you have seconds to engage them before they click away. Audiences love video; adding video, to your website is one of the most effective ways to attract and retain viewers, increase content consumption, grow conversions and drive revenue. A study by Comscore found that retail site visitors who view video stay two minutes longer and are 64% more likely to purchase than other site visitors. With video, bounce rates disappear because the content tells the story so well and is so compelling that people want to stay and watch. And, not only does video engage site visitors better than text but it is also SEO friendly. Evolved CMSs make it easy for non-technical users to integrate rich media on their websites and can deliver video to all screen sizes.
- Personalize and Target: Personalization isn’t just a nice-to-have. It’s critical if you want to keep up with and get ahead of your competition in a world where consumers expect tailored online experiences. The proof is in the numbers; Businesses currently personalizing web experiences are seeing an increase in sales of 19% on average (Econsultancy). Personalization means creating one-on-one customer relationships. These one-on-one relationships are built upon rich analytics about the visitors to your website so you can dynamically serve content specific to their interests, stage of their buying journey, industry and other factors, at the right time and create a consistent visitor experience across all digital touchpoints. Sophisticated CMSs have robust personalization tool suites for targeting content and turning your website into a lead generating machine.
- Go Global and Multicultural: Gartner research indicates that one of the top three priorities for CEOs of global companies is expanding into new markets and regions. Your website means that you automatically have a global digital presence. What you do with it is up to you. But keep in mind that going global is much more than content translation; it means going local and being multicultural. Adapting content to the unique needs of each new region; posting content relevant to the interests and needs of each regional market. Being able to manage all regional websites from a single content management platform and having workflows that incorporate translation are must-haves.
- Prevent Downtime: We all know that visitors click away within seconds if your site doesn’t load quickly or if a video buffers. Improving your site’s scalability will prevent slow load-times and downtime. Instead of building your own infrastructure, you can rely on the scalability and reliability of CMS’s like Clickability to guarantee your website performance.
- Optimize Delivery to All Devices: Your target audience is on the go and consuming more and more content from their mobile devices. You need to ensure that your website is optimized for delivery to all screen sizes and operating systems. Especially when research shows that 46% of people judge websites credibility based on its visual performance. Your mobile marketing strategy may call for a dedicated mobile site, a mobile app, or a responsive website. Whatever your needs, a CMS like Clickability can support responsive and adaptive website design, m-sites and content flow to mobile apps.
To learn more about how Clickability can help you put your website to work to accomplish your digital marketing goals, request a demo.
Upland acquires Panviva, expanding its knowledge management product portfolio
With Panviva, Upland can now offer customers a wider range of capabilities to help businesses create, maintain, and distribute knowledge the way that fits their business needs.
How to write more effective sales proposals
Learn to write sales proposals that stand out from the pack. Based on our more than 25 years of experience, we’ll show how to create proposals that win more.
Build sales PowerPoint presentations in minutes with Qvidian
There’s a better way than cutting and pasting slides from legacy decks while racing the clock. Building sales presentations with Qvidian helps win more deals.