Finally, PMO Software That Extends Beyond IT
Traditional project portfolio management (PPM) software is designed with the IT PMO in mind. With lengthy implementations and complex functionality that frustrates non-technical users, these solutions rarely work well in business areas outside of IT — and sometimes not that well in IT!
At PowerSteering, we realize that PPM challenges aren’t limited to any single business domain, so our software is designed to work in any PMO or project-centric area of your organization. By taking the discipline of PPM beyond IT to manage initiatives, investments, and resources throughout your company, you can enjoy a real competitive advantage and better overall business results.
Take Control of Any PMO
PowerSteering’s business-driven PPM software delivers unparalleled flexibility. It easily configures to your organization’s requirements and accommodates the distinct needs of different business areas, functions, workflows and processes – even allowing you to manage multiple project, program, or PMO types within the same deployment. So instead of struggling with a lengthy implementation or having to reengineer your processes to meet the limitations of traditional PPM software, you’ll quickly be up & running to start realizing value by:
- Improving Portfolio Management through increased visibility, oversight, and governance.
- Optimizing Idea/Demand Management to prioritize and select projects for maximum business benefit.
- Balancing staff allocation against strategic priorities with powerful Resource Management capabilities.
- Increasing the quality and speed of project execution with tools for collaboration and Project Management.
- Leveraging Project Financial Management to track costs & benefits and validate the ROI of your PMO efforts.
- Gauging performance against strategic objectives and project-level KPIs with real-time Analytics & Reporting.
Accelerate ROI Through User Adoption
PowerSteering’s flexibility also enables the most important driver of project portfolio management software value: user adoption. Change management consistently ranks as the biggest hurdle to PPM and PMO success, according to research by analyst firms Gartner, IDC, and Forrester. Yet many PPM systems require a year or more to deploy and force users to grapple with complex software that impedes rather than improves team-member productivity. As a result, they only add to the cultural resistance facing the processes and tools championed by the PMO.
Conversely, PowerSteering’s configurability and ease-of-use helps overcome change management challenges by enabling:
- Rapid Deployment – Implementing to meet your needs is so simple that you’ll see value within weeks.
- Phased Roll-out – Reduce risk by piloting with a select set of processes or users, then refining & expanding as you build success.
- Role-based Access – Keep users focused on high-value tasks by exposing them to only the tools & information they need.
- “Just Right” Capability – Functionality may be turned on/turned off as needed to match your organization’s process maturity and readiness.
- Simple Configuration – As your needs evolve, our intuitive configuration console allows admins to make changes at any time without requiring IT support.
- Frequent, Seamless Upgrades – You’ll always have access to the latest product capabilities without enduring the cost & disruption required to update typical PPM systems.
- Limitless Scalability – As your PMO grows, PowerSteering can be extended to new user groups immediately, whether you’re dealing with tens or thousands of users.
- Low TCO & Risk – Our subscription license model lets you “pay as you grow,” so you can focus on running your PMO rather than worrying about huge sunk costs or surprise charges for maintenance & support.