Customer Knowledge Management: Helping Each Other Get More Done
RightAnswers’ Community combines the feel-good aspect of social collaboration with a way to find answers fast. Customer knowledge management increases customer satisfaction by empowering customers to quickly find answers themselves in a tool they want to use. You reduce your support costs by deflecting calls to the Community, and you can handle more volume with the same number of support agents.
Customer Support Communities are online Q&A communities where customers ask questions and find answers. These are environments where customers help other customers. When your customers are active and engaged in your online support community, you will:
- Reduce costs by deflecting support calls from agents
- Increase customer satisfaction by helping them find answers quickly in their preferred support channel
- Turn customers into advocates by giving them a forum to discuss your products and services, and the opportunity to help each other
- Give customers a voice to provide valuable feedback and gain insight that aids your organization’s product, sales, design and development teams
- Turn social knowledge into enterprise knowledge – by turning answers found in customer communities into knowledge that support agents can use
Customers Helping Customers
Your customers have a wealth of information about your product. Why not augment your workforce by enabling them to resolve each others’ issues? That’s what customer knowledge management software is all about.
Deployed stand-alone or as part of a larger enterprise knowledge strategy, the RightAnswers Community improves the customer experience by giving customers a place to discuss and answer their own questions, with “Up” and “Down” votes to promote great answers to all customers. In effect, customers become an extension of your customer service team.
Built-in gamification encourages customer interaction. As customers participate, they generate fresh content that you can add to your knowledge base for reuse and to improve your product offering.
Agents Helping Agents
Customer communities integrate with the RightAnswers Agent Portal so customer service agents can jump into discussions when necessary and promote the right answers to the company knowledge base. Automated alerts and a seamless escalation to agents improve the customer experience.
Employee communities provide a central place for everyone to collaborate and offer a communication platform for many purposes: team discussions, private project groups, and more, to heighten collaboration and create a more effective enterprise.
Integration with your CRM, ITSM or other ticketing system enables support agents to easily link answers in the RightAnswers Community to open tickets, simplifying the workflow. Discussions in RightAnswers Community are searchable and can be updated anytime with new and better answers.
Empowering Employees to Connect
RightAnswers’ Community provides a central place for large and small employee teams to learn and collaborate. Discussions form a “social intranet” that gives context to each piece of content and helps people connect, ask questions, attach documents, images and links, and share knowledge.
A community is a great way for support agents to learn and collaborate on resolving customer services issues. Peer-to-peer support helps agents provide faster answers to your customers. Newer agents benefit from the knowledge of more senior agents. A vibrant agent community:
- Reduces the learning curve and training time for new agents
- Increases agent retention
- Reduces time-to-resolution
- Improves first call resolution (FCR) rates
Employee Communities are online forums where employees share information, find answers and collaborate. They can be used to communicate with the entire enterprise about upcoming events, product releases, and updates to company policies, for example. Alternatively, they can be set up for specific groups, departments or project teams. Some goals of employee communities:
- Facilitate collaboration, sharing and group problem-solving among teams
- Empower the subject matter experts in your organization to help fellow employees
- Broadcast important information and alerts to specific teams or to the entire organization