Fax Comparison: Online, Traditional, Web-based, and On-premises
There are benefits and/or consequences to the fax option your organization utilizes because they all differ in location, investment, scalability, accessibility, security, reliability, and more.
Since its commercial debut in 1964, fax has evolved slower than other technologies, but evolved it has. What was once a bulky machine requiring a designated telephone line expanded into multifunction devices with standalone servers can now be accessed quickly and efficiently through the cloud, making it as simple and seamless as email. Check out the fax comparison matrix to learn more.
Whether you’re online, in-house, or host your own servers, there are benefits and/or consequences to the fax option your organization utilizes because they all differ in location, investment, scalability, accessibility, security, reliability, and more.
Cloud faxing represents the next generation of secure communications, offering distinct advantages, particularly in alleviating the burden of hardware responsibility. InterFAX’s online fax service enables users to send faxes conveniently from any internet-enabled device capable of sending documents as attachments. Users can safely send faxes from anywhere using a user-friendly online form, even when traveling or working remotely.
Cloud Fax Comparison:
The future of fax lies in the cloud. We’ve developed an in-depth fax comparison graph to illustrate how cloud faxing outperforms more dated forms of technology. Key highlights include:
- Traditional fax machines and servers have limitations on the number of calls and phone lines, whereas cloud fax can handle multiple messages simultaneously.
- Hardware requires additional expenses like toner, paper, and physical phone lines, but cloud fax operates without such necessities.
- Downtimes due to fax machine breakdowns or offline periods don’t impact cloud fax, which boasts full redundancy.
- A physical presence is required to send/receive faxes with traditional machines, while cloud fax offers the flexibility to send/receive faxes from any location.
- Traditional fax machines automatically print received faxes, potentially exposing sensitive information, while cloud fax ensures secure communication directly to the intended recipients.
Download a free copy of the fax comparison chart to see a more detailed fax comparison. Investigate the pros and cons of online cloud fax, traditional fax machines, web-based fax servers, and on-premises fax systems.
InterFAX integrates with the systems you know and love. Explore the benefits.
See how simple email to fax can be! Learn the 5 steps.
Ready to get started? Let’s schedule a demo!